Wednesday

Fall is in the air!




I just love fall. It is by far my favorite season. The color of the leaves, the crisp cool air, a warm fire, hot chocolate. This fall I have so much to be grateful for. I got a call today from a friend that lives out of town. She is coming home for Thanksgiving. She is having a party for her son and planning on getting together with all the gang. After I listened to her message, I realized that I am off for all the holidays this year and what a blessing that truly is to me!
Normally, I would have had to think about when I working, when I am sleeping and can get up to enjoy the festivities (and feel awful) This year all my weekends and holidays are free to spend with the people that mean the most to me. I just had a moment after I talked to Carrie that I was very thankful. I am excited that I am going to get to see her over the holidays. I digress.
Anyway, we have had a lot of fun this fall. Halloween we trick or treated with Shannon and Alyssa. We cruised the neighborhood and then went the the Trunk or Treat at Andrew Jackson which was great! I saw a lot of people from school and their children. We also paid our third annual visit to the pumpkin patch. Kohen had a blast. It just seems that since I have taken this new job that I have more time for fun things with my family and friends. Yeah, I took a HUGE paycut, but for me that is not what it about. I love that I get to spend so much time with my son! I would not trade it for anything. He is only going to be small for such a short time. I will never get this time back. I am so thankful!

No comments:

The James Gang goes to St Jude's

What began as some knee pain quickly became a whirlwind. Caleb had been complaining of intermittent knee pain for about a week. He then bega...